Client Service Support Associate
Client Service Support Associate
Position: Client Service Support Associate
Department: Client Service Support (CSS)
Reports to: Head of Client Service Support
To work as a member of the Client Service Support (CSS) team which is focused on providing accurate, timely, and consistent marketing and reporting data to all constituencies including internal Southeastern groups, clients, prospects, consultants, and others. The CSS Associate will interact directly with Client Relations Directors on a regular basis to discuss, collaborate and execute on their marketing material needs.
The CSS department has the primary responsibility for generating and fulfilling information requests, as well as analyzing firm wide and portfolio level data and narrative, to assist the Client Relations & Communications department with developing our external messaging. The CSS Associate will be expected to take a continually expanding role in identifying and managing process improvements to enhance departmental efficiency, improving the quality of our reporting and marketing materials, working with the CSS team to ensure that our messaging to clients and prospects is optimized and consistent, and to help improve the timeliness of distributing requested information.
- Work with the Head of CSS and CSS Senior Associate to manage our marketing narrative and analyze our portfolio performance and position data to reflect optimal messaging and positioning for Southeastern’s brand.
- Work with Client Relations & Communications to enhance our messaging responses
- Manage our narrative response database (Qvidian)
- Maintain and enhance our external messaging narratives in areas such as external databases and client/prospect marketing materials and presentations
- Work with the CSS Team on the maintenance of Accent Librarian and the execution of presentation and marketing materials. This will require maintaining a working knowledge of the system, participating in the weekly Accent call, and updating and/or generating all marketing and reporting materials.
- Work with the CSS Team on the production of Salesforce reporting and the Client Systems Manager on the development of new Salesforce reporting schemes to increase department organization and efficiency.
- Maintain a leadership role in managing our relationship with Jackson Analytics, our vendor responsible for maintaining all third party consultant databases.
- Work with the Head of CSS and Head of Client Relations and Communications to ensure organized responses to prospect RFPs and client DDQs that reflect optimal messaging and positioning for Southeastern’s brand.
- Work with the Head of CSS and the other members of the CSS department to improve the organization, generation, data analysis and dissemination of performance, holdings, assets under management and other related portfolio data, both for our pooled funds and separately managed accounts.
- Liaise between Portfolio Accounting, Client Relations & Communications and Portfolio Compliance departments to streamline processes for data aggregation and orderly dissemination.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all processes CSS is performing so as to be able to assist other team members in any area of CSS responsibility as needed.
- Ensure activities performed are compliant with all global regulatory guidelines.
- Keep abreast of industry trends to determine if and how SAM should adapt.
- Excellent moral and ethical reputation and background.
- Interest in operational effectiveness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task across different functions.
- High energy level, results-driven, and self-starter.
- Strong desire for long-term career development and advancement.
- Well organized. Deadline oriented.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge Requirements: Some knowledge of marketing or familiarity with the asset management business is required. Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is preferred; basic skills required. Familiarity with APX, Salesforce, Qvidian and FactSet is preferred but not required.
Experience: Proven ability to create processes and manage projects. Experience reviewing and verifying the accuracy of data.