Our unique governing principles guide all of Southeastern’s investment and business decisions and reflect our commitment both to our client partnership approach as well as to Ben Graham’s value investing teachings.
- We will treat your investment as if it were our own.
- We will remain significant investors in Longleaf Partners Funds.
- We will invest for the long-term, while striving to maximize returns and minimize business, financial, purchasing power, regulatory and market risks.
- We will choose each equity investment based on its discount from our appraisal of corporate intrinsic value, its financial strength, its management, its competitive position, and our assessment of its future earnings potential.
- We will focus our assets in our best ideas.
- We will not impose loads or 12b-1 charges on mutual fund shareholders.
- We will consider closing to new investors if closing would benefit existing clients.
- We will discourage short-term speculators and market timers.
- We will continue our efforts to enhance client and shareholder services.
- We will communicate with our investment partners as candidly as possible.