Trader (Singapore based)
Trader (Singapore based)
Position: Trader (Singapore based)
Reports to: Head of Trading
This page describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Southeastern Asset Management, Inc. (SAM) reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
The Trader will help implement global research directives by assisting the Head of Trading and Senior Trader(s) with execution related functions. Among other responsibilities, the Trader will:
- Abide by all internal compliance and external regulatory policies and procedures
- Build, validate, execute, allocate and analyze (i.e. TCA) multi-product global orders as assigned by Head of Trading or Senior Trader(s) in accordance with SAM’s Best Execution Policy
- Develop competency in electronic execution and block trading
- Evaluate and test new trading technologies and applications
- Continually research APAC market structure, trading conventions and execution platforms. Inform and update trader backups so transition execution is seamless.
- Contribute to Trade Oversight Committee meetings
- Cooperate with and produce reports to facilitate interactions with other SAM departments (e.g. Portfolio Management, Trade Settlement, Accounting, etc.)
- Identify and develop new and improved workflows, processes, reports and support functions in order to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of the Trading Department
- Strong moral and ethical convictions with a background beyond reproach
- Highly motivated self-starter with a conscientious work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and reasoning facilities
- Ability to focus on current tasks while anticipating future changes and business needs
- Well-organized with capability to plan and prioritize effectively for time-sensitive tasks
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities – tactful, mature, flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to present with conviction
- Mature interpersonal skills demonstrating amicability with diverse personalities
Education: Bachelor’s degree required (Business, Economics or Finance preferred)
Experience: Minimum 5 years in sell-side or buy-side equity trading (APAC region preferred)
Knowledge: Overall comprehension of financial services business, mathematical proficiency and technological familiarity (Bloomberg, Charles River, Excel preferred)
This is a full-time position based in Singapore. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and structured such that candidates should have a long-term time horizon for developing and growing in this role. Additionally, candidates should exhibit the ability to collaborate with others and demonstrate a desire to improve the overall firm. This is not a proprietary trading position.
The attached job description provides more detail regarding the responsibilities of the position as well as the personal characteristics and qualifications of a successful candidate. If you are interested in this position and believe you have the requisite qualifications, please complete the following form. Please include your cover letter, resume, 3 years compensation history (incl. salary, bonus, etc.) and any other pertinent information.